Syracuse University is fortunate to be 1 of 30 new school across the nation selected for the P.A.V.E program. Peer Advisors for Veteran Education (PAVE) Program is a peer support program that connects incoming student veterans with student veterans already on campus in order to help them navigate college life, identify challenges they are facing, refer them to the appropriate resource on or off campus, and provide ongoing support to their academic and personal ventures. The Mission of the Peer Advisors for Veteran Education (PAVE) Program is to support veterans transitioning to college after military service to foster academic and personal success. There is no better source of support to a student-veteran than a peer who’s been there. As you know, the transition from military to civilian is not always easy, even more so, when starting a new university. The P.A.V.E. program offers new student-vets a friendly hand to a better experience here at SU.
- Ease the transition from the military to the university
- Improve student veterans’ sense of connectedness to the university
- Create a safe haven and source of support
- Identify mental health issues and other concerns in a timely fashion and connect student veterans with appropriate resources
- Improve student veteran academic performance
- Increase student veteran retention rate